Friday, January 15, 2010

The Hands of the Paper Fan, or Le Ventilateur de non-Sequitur No.2

The second of the Paper Fan procession, what may best be termed as a "relief limited to two-dimension." I am quite certain The Hands of Orlac flavoured my dreams as this partner to the first was conceived. Below is the two together in their intended formation. I am not entirely sure of this project's ambition, but the internal visuals were intriguing and insisted exhumation. "Le Ventilateur de non-Sequitur No.2"

4 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog - love your work! It's got a very Edward Gorey like quality to it, with a dash of Tim Burton. You've got some very nice pieces here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Steve - I appreciate that, and I'm glad you like them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i love the two together, with the fans like book ends, or a secret passageway, and the hands are a great touch. and i'm a huge fan of masks.

    and, and.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, my dear Zoe! And I agree - masks are certainly from a bottomless casket of interpretations -

    ReplyDelete